Chapter 7: Water Availability and Use
Great Lakes from Space. The Great Lakes hold 21% of the world’s surface fresh water. Lakes are an important surface water resource.
After studying this chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand how the water cycle operates
- Know the causes and effects of depletion in different water reservoirs
- Understand how we can work toward solving the water supply crisis
- Understand the major kinds of water pollutants and how they degrade water quality
- Understand how we can work toward solving the crisis involving water pollution
- 7.1 Water Cycle and Fresh Water Supply
- 7.2 Water Supply Problems and Solutions
- 7.3. Water Pollution
- 7.4. Water Treatment
- 7.5. Case Study: The Aral Sea – Going, Going, Gone
- 7.6. Chapter Resources
Essentials of Environmental Science by Kamala Doršner is licensed under CC BY 4.0. Modified from the original.