This section provides an overview and instructions for common tasks that need to be completed at the beginning of a semester to get your Canvas course site ready for your students.
The chapters in this section include:
- Getting your new Canvas site
- Importing content from a previous course (and integrating the Fall 2020 Template)
- Streamlining your site navigation
- Adding your syllabus
- Setting up your grading policies
- Setting up your assignments and gradebook
- Changing your Canvas course card (this is the picture that goes with your course on your Dashboard)
- Publish your Canvas course site!
- Checking your site as a student
- A note on grading attendance
- Using Canvas Sections to assign different due dates (aka managing classes where half the class meets one day and the other half another day)
Click “Next” below at the bottom right to continue.