This section provides an overview and instructions for common tasks that need to be completed at the beginning of a semester to get your Canvas course site ready for your students.
The chapters in this section include:
- Getting your new Canvas site
- Importing content from a previous course
- Streamlining your site navigation
- Adding your syllabus to Canvas
- Setting up your grading policies
- Setting up your assignments and gradebook
- Using Modules for course organization
- Adding links, images, and video using the rich content editor tools
- Changing your Canvas course card (this is the picture that goes with your course on your Dashboard)
- Checking your site as a student
- Publish your Canvas course site!
- Setting up Top Hat (NEW!)
Click “Next” at the very bottom right in the red area to continue.