IMPORTANT: Note that you can only upload a video in a web browser (desktop or mobile). This does not work in the Canvas mobile app.
Kaltura will accept most video file formats including mp4, avi, mov (Apple), wmv (Windows), and gp3 (most Android devices).
- Go to the assignment and click “Submit Assignment” or to the discussion and click “Reply.”
- Click the “Embed Kaltura Media” button () in the toolbar across the top of the text editor that will open.
- Click the “Add New” button at the top right of the window that pops up and select the “Media Upload” option.
- Browse for the video file and select it or drag and drop it onto the upload area to upload it into Kaltura. Once the file is uploaded, you can change the title and add a description or tags if you like. If you change or add information at this point, don’t forget to save your changes by clicking the “Save” button at the bottom.
- Click the “Save and Embed” button at the top right and your video will be placed in your discussion post or assignment. You can add additional text below the video if you like and then save your post or submit your assignment.
NOTE: When a video is first uploaded to Kaltura you will see a “media is being processed” animation where you expect your video to be.
The longer your video is, the longer it will take to process. It will appear once it has completed processing, though you may need to refresh your page to see it. You can embed a video that is still processing in Kaltura.